9/17/2013

Interbike Outdoor Demo: Day 1


After arriving in Las Vegas long before hotel check in, the choice was obvious to head out to Bootleg Canyon for the Interbike Outdoor Demo.  While there I had the chance to talk with product reps, look over all of the bikes available to demo and see some of the newest cycling products before they hit the bike shops.


The temperature was hovering close to 100° but with all of the bike eye candy I hardly noticed the heat.  There was every kind of bike to demo, after all it is the largest outdoor bike demo in the world. The ones that caught my attention were the fatbikes and full suspension mountain bikes.  There would be a whole day of riding in the canyon on Tuesday and I was stoked.
 

9:Zero:7 was there with their newest offering, a carbon fatbike weighing in at around 23 lbs.  This bike is going to make some waves on the Winter race scene. 


I'm definitely stopping by the Santa Cruz booth to take one of their full suspension models for a spin.


After posting the photo above on Twitter and stating that "Surly Pugsley & Moonlander are on my Demo list for tomorrow too." one of my followers stated, "you went to Vegas to ride stuff you can already ride at home... don't you know what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas?"  I replied, "I can't ride 'em in desert canyon country back home."

It was nice to preview the Outdoor Demo, but Tuesday is all about hitting the trails at Bootleg Canyon.  I don't get to do this kind of riding back in Minnesota and this is going to be a whole new experience.  It was a good first day but now its time to get some rest for a full day on a variety of different bikes tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...