1/29/2015

Product Review: Fix It Sticks Replaceable Edition & T-Way Wrench


I never go on a ride without being prepared for the unexpected and carrying a compact and versatile multi-tool that has leverage is a must for me.  I've used other multi-tools in the past but they didn't compare once Fix It Sticks came to the market.  Ever since finding out about them at Interbike 2013, they are all I carry and have come to the rescue on many occasions whether I was riding my mountain bike, fatbike or cyclocross bike.

Now that the new stronger steel Fix It Sticks Replaceable Edition is available, it has even more versatility and the bits I need for all of my bikes.  The set doesn't take up much space in my seat pack or frame bag and when I need them for a task I snap them together to form a T-wrench.  With two position wrenching (see photo below) I have plenty of leverage and reach to get the job done.

It's nice having Fix It Sticks' variety of replaceable bits with me out on the trail or gravel roads.  They have come in quite handy on many occasions from adjusting the height of my saddle or realigning it after a crash, removing a skewer (no quick release) to change a flat and tightening a loose cleat on my Wölvhammers, just to name a few.

Strong Neodymium magnets hold the bits in place while wrenching and I can add any standard 1/4" bit from my toolbox to use if the need should arise.  This flexibility not only works great for use on my bikes but also for tasks around the house.  The set comes with eight of the most commonly used bits for road and mountain bikes.  It is the ultimate compact multi-tool with all of the leverage and torque I need to get me back in the saddle and riding should a repair or adjustment be needed.

Specifications
  • Includes 8 interchangeable bits (2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm Hex, Torx 25, Phillips #2)
  • Accepts any standard ¼” bit
  • All steel construction
  • Neodymium magnets hold the bits securely in place
  • Maximum torque: 54 Nm
  • Weight: 118 grams

Fix It Sticks Replaceable Edition sets are available from Fix It Sticks and can be ordered form your local Penn Cycle shop for $35.99.

The Fix It Sticks T-Way Wrench is a great new shop tool and bases its design on the original Fix It Sticks.  It features a permanently secured T-shape with a longer shaft and a speed spinner for quicker wrenching.  This longer shaft allows for exceptional leverage and reach for everything from building a bike to swapping out pedals.  Just like the Fix It Sticks Replaceable Edition, it accepts any standard 1/4" bit should I need more than the 7 interchangeable bits that it comes with.  It implements those same strong Neodymium magnets to hold the bits in place too.


The T-Way Wrench is my go-to tool when working on my bikes at home.  The torque is incredible and the reach gets me into most places to do my wrenching.  I love the speed spinner on the long shaft for tightening or loosening screws and bolts quickly.  Simply hold it between two fingers and spin the top of the T.  With its variety of bits and 3 ends to hold them it really is an extremely useful shop tool for under $30. 


Specifications
  • Permanently secured T-shape for shop / garage use
  • All steel construction
  • Speed spinner for quick fastening
  • Includes 7 interchangeable bits (2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm Hex, Torx 25)
  • Accepts any standard ¼” bit
  • Neodymium magnets hold the bits securely in place

Fix It Sticks T-Way Wrench is available from Fix It Sticks and can be ordered form your local Penn Cycle shop for $29.99.

Disclosure:  Fix It Sticks provided the review samples for this article, but offered no other form of compensation for this review.

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking for a one stop multi-tool. I like the concept but without a chain tool I'll have to find something else.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...